Constancy IFP Chilling Technology
What is Initial Freezing Point (IFP) and Constancy IFP Chilling Technology?
What is Initial Freezing Point (IFP)?
- The temperature at which a liquid freezes or becomes solid: the freezing point of water is 32°F or 0°C
- Freezing point is the temperature in at any fixed pressure at which the liquid and solid phases of a substance of specified composition is in equilibrium
- Foods and beverages do not freeze completely at a single temperature, but rather over a range of temperatures between 0°C (32°F) and Initial Freezing Point (IFP). In fact, foods high in sugar content or packed in high syrup concentrations may never be completely frozen, even at typical frozen food storage temperatures. Thus, there is not a distinct freezing point for foods and beverages, but an initial freezing point at which crystallization begins.
- The initial freezing point of a food or beverage is important not only for determining the food’s proper storage conditions, but also for calculating thermos physical properties. During storage of fresh fruits and vegetables, for example, the commodity temperature must be kept above its initial freezing point to avoid freezing damage. In addition, because there are drastic changes in the thermos physical properties of foods as they freeze, a food’s initial freezing point must be known to model its thermos physical properties accurately.
- The initial freezing points of most foods are between - 0.5°C and – 2.8°C
What is King Son Constancy IFP Chilling Technology? What and how to commercialize Initial Freezing Point (IFP) for food preservation?
- King Son IFP Sub Chiller is a refrigeration and food preservation solution for the modern IoT-era. It is incorporated with A7 Intelligent Foodtech Controller and designed with Constant Temperature and Humidity Multiple Points Monitoring and Servo Control Technology to research, develop and perform 3 novel next generation refrigeration technologies - King Son Constancy Precision Refrigeration Technology, Constancy IFP Chilling & Superchilling Technology that preserves and processes food in uniform conditions and environments, with temperature fluctuations ± 0.3°C and humidity fluctuations ±5%. King Son IFP Sub Chiller is an IoT machine which incorporates Cloud-based IoT Health Check APP System for remote distance servicing and collaboration – thus helping build new partnership opportunities through IoT eco-system.
- King Son Constancy IFP Chilling Technology is a novel generation FoodTech after traditional refrigeration and freezing for food process and preservation between 0°C (32°F) and above Initial Freezing Point (IFP) of food in controlled constant temperature and humidity conditions, with temperature fluctuation ± 0.3°C and humidity fluctuation ± 5 %.
- The temperature ranges between 0°C (32°F) and Initial Freezing Point (IFP) of food that can be utilized for food preservation that can inhibit harmful microbes and pathogenic bacteria of proliferation, to improve taste and flavor enzymes, yeast and lactic acid bacteria activities, avoid residual hazards caused by the use of the fungicide or disinfectant to ensure food's original taste, quality, safety and value.
- King Son Constancy IFP Chilling Technology commercializes the economic value of the temperature ranges between 0°C (32°F) and above Initial Freezing Point (IFP), that performs temperature fluctuation ± 0.3°C and humidity fluctuation ± 5 % for food preservation in food industry.
- The effects of King Son Constancy IFP Chilling Technology applied on the fresh food preservation mainly includes
- The Constancy IFP Chilling can inhibit respiration, delay the respiratory peak and reduce the loss of nutrients. The exhaled volume of CO2 in the Constancy IFP Chilling (-0.8°C) is less than that stored in normal temperature about 30% to 60%.
- The Constancy IFP Chilling won’t destroy the cells, but improve the quality of fruits and vegetables in the vicinity of freezing temperature. In order to prevent from forming ice, fruits will secrete large amounts of antifreeze (its main ingredients are glucose, amino acids, aspartic acid etc.) to reduce the freezing point, or decompose the starch into sugar. These physiological changes improve the quality of fruits and vegetables in different degrees.
- The Constancy IFP Chilling can inhibit the growth of microbial efficiently. Under the condition of Constancy IFP Chilling, water molecules in fruits or vegetables are arranged in an orderly state, which reduce the content of free water available for the microbial. In the short and mid period preservation, King Son Constancy IFP Chilling can inhibit multiplication of microorganisms, better than the frozen temperature.
- Since the Constancy IFP Chilling can inhibit chemical reaction strongly, the food quality in Constancy IFP Chilling is better than that of the normal cold storage. The Constancy IFP Chilling also can inhibit lipid oxidation, non-enzymatic and other chemical reaction. The key for the Constancy IFP Chilling preservation is to realize a hibernation state of the product. The “hibernation” process is a cooling process during which the product can reduce its activity ability and energy consumption through the self-adaption, starting from the change of components within cells, and at the same time ensuring their own living life characteristics. It is a typical phenomenon of natural adaption.
- Food preservation in Constancy IFP Chilling (between 0°C and above Initial Freezing Point (IFP) of food) to prolong shelf life of food
- Preserve fresh fruits, vegetables, meat and fish at a little below 0°C - but above the initial freezing point – without freezing is so called Constancy IFP Chilling, gives food maximum shelf life
King Son Constancy IFP Chilling Technology application process:
Food preservation in Constancy IFP Chilling (between 0°C and above Initial Freezing Point (IFP) of food) to prolong shelf life